Thank you for your interest in Friends Academy Summer Programs!
Whether your child is a student at Friends Academy or another school, they are welcome at Friends Academy Summer Programs!
There are many reasons for kids to spend some time with us this summer. We offer high-quality summer programs in a safe, supportive, child-friendly environment. We make this happen in a few ways:
- Our counselors are highly trained. Most are teachers in their fields.
- They are energetic and fun loving: this is evident in the experiences they help create for campers.
- We have a low camper-to-staff ratio. Counselors get to know campers better, so they can better meet their individual needs.
- Our programs are designed with specific ages in mind. They cater to the developmental needs of each age group.
- We keep campers busy with plenty of structure, but allow them opportunities and some choice in their day.
Reminders for Parents
Please read the following reminders and recommendations to help make the start of camp is a little easier for you and your child.
- Children attending a full-day camp, or separate morning and afternoon sessions that make up a full day, need to bring a packed lunch. We do not have room to refrigerate, so please use a cool pack or plan accordingly. Please do not pack a lunch that requires microwaving. All campers should bring a water bottle.
- Camp drop off is at 9am and pick up is at 3pm for full day. Please do not drop your child off early or pick them up late unless they are registered for Surround Care. Activities begin promptly at 9am. We allow a ten minute grace period for pick up. We must be notified in writing if anyone other than yourself or your child’s emergency contact is picking them up (carpool arrangements, etc.).
- If your child is attending an outdoor camp, please bring them to camp with waterproof sunscreen and insect repellent already applied. They should also bring an extra layer and wear outdoor-appropriate shoes every day. We recommend light rain gear on days where inclement weather is expected.
- Sports camps will move to the gym in case of severe weather, however we will try to stay outside as much as possible.
- Campers attending Summer Friends should bring a bathing suit, and towel every day. They will have time on hot days to play in the sprinkler/slip-n-slide.
- Any items that your child brings to camp should be labeled with their name to prevent confusion and lost items. We are not responsible for personal or lost items.
- All medical forms for children must be turned in prior to the start of camp. (If your child is already an FA student, medical information should already be on file.)
How do I register?
Please register for 2023 Summer Programs via CampBrain.
Does my child need to be a Friends Academy student in order to attend a summer program?
No! Friends Academy Summer Programs are open to all children.
Will my child need a lunch?
Yes. We do not have a cafeteria, so if your child is in an all-day camp, or both a morning and afternoon camp, they will need a lunch.
What should my child bring to camp?
- All campers should bring a water bottle to camp.
- If they will be outside (most camps spend some time outside each day) they should have sunscreen with them, and applied prior to arriving.
- Campers attending the adventure programs should come with insect repellent applied.
For more information about supplies, see our list of parent reminders.
What are the hours of camp?
Full-day camps run from 9am-3pm. Some camps run for a half-day (9am-12pm), and can be paired with the Hangout Zone (generally 12-3pm) to make a complete day.