No student should be deterred from applying to Friends Academy based on finances alone. Approximately 50% of Friends Academy students receive financial assistance of some kind. Financial assistance is designed to establish the best student body and enhance the educational experience of all our students. Through need-based financial aid and a monthly payment plan, we strive to make a Friends Academy education affordable for qualified applicants.
2020-21 Tuition & Fees
|Early Childhood – five mornings per week
(8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., Monday-Friday)
|Early Childhood – optional afternoons
(12:00 – 3:00 p.m., available Monday-Friday)
|$1,250 per year
for each day of the week you choose
|Sally Borden Program||$37,928|
Tuition includes books and field trips.
Application Fee: $50
Tuition Insurance: 2% of annual tuition fee. Required for all new families unless tuition is paid in full when the family signs their enrollment contract.
(end of school day – 5:30 p.m., five days)
- Registration Fee: $50
- $10/hour registered students
- $20/hour unregistered drop-in students
- Study Hall (Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays until 4:00 p.m.): $11/hour registered students, $22/hour unregistered drop-in students
Middle School Apple Laptop: $1,140
All students entering grades 6, 7, or 8 are required to purchase from Friends Academy a new Apple laptop computer and its carrying case. The student will own both when they graduate. This cost can be paid outright or in payments divided over the number of years a student is in middle school.
Monthly Payment Plan
Payment plans, administered through Smart Tuition, are convenient, manageable payment solutions that give you the option to pay your child’s tuition in interest-free monthly installments. To enroll, visit the Smart Tuition website.
Need-Based Tuition Assistance
There is no preset income level that qualifies a family for financial assistance. We encourage families with children entering kindergarten to grade eight to complete the financial assistance process if they feel the full cost of tuition is more than they can afford.
We use School and Student Services (SSS) to process financial assistance applications. Based on the financial information you provide, SSS gives us an estimated amount that your family can contribute to educational expenses. This helps us make fair and objective financial assistance decisions.
How to Apply for Financial Assistance:
All families (new and returning) who wish to apply for financial assistance must complete an online financial assistance application through SSS. Friends Academy’s SSS code is 1058.
- New Families: Financial assistance applications will be considered on a rolling basis throughout the year. Complete your financial assistance application along with your application for admission. You will be notified about tuition assistance along with your admission decision.
- Returning Families: Complete your financial assistance application online by February 1. If you have not yet filed your federal tax return by that date, you may estimate your information to meet the deadline. (You must upload your tax documents to your SSS online account by March 1.) Tuition assistance notifications are sent out in February and March. Family responses are due by April 10.